It’s that time of year again! Have you started decorating yet for those little goblins and ghouls? I have and I am having a blast repurposing those old frames I purchased at the garage sales this summer.
I love to turn trash into treasure so today I’m going to show you how easy it is to put some new life into an old object to make a beautiful Spooky Halloween Frame.
So let’s get started:
1. First you will need an old frame, some paint, and a paintbrush. Disassemble the frame and paint it.
2. Then remove the photo mat and paint it.
3. Cut your Kraft cardstock to the photo mat measurements.
4. Stamp your sentiment (Happy Halloween from the CL-002 Pumpkin Faces Mix n Match) consecutively until it fills in the photo opening completely.
5. Finally reassemble the frame and decorate the front as you wish.
The ribbon rose I made using using the Scrap Happy Glue glots as a base. They are so easy to make.
I used the CN-0076 Candis Trick or Treat and my bling on the outside of the frame to give the frame some depth.
I also used the spooky faces from the CL-002 Pumpkin Faces Mix n Match stamp set to create the spooky faces in the corner of the frame. They are stickled and adhered to the glass front.
I hope I’ve inspired you to find those hidden treasures around your home. Why not breathe some new life into an old piece? You might be surprised what you come up with!
Don’t forget it’s World Card Making today and we are celebrating with a chance to win 6 sets of the Tim Holtz Limited Edition Distress Inks!