Welcome to The Rubber Cafe new release blog hop. This is Day #1 and you’ll be hopping with Tesa Broman and myself!! When I knew I would be working with the fence die from The Rubber Cafe, I knew I wanted to do something unique with it. Well this is unique!
Did you know you can take an ordinary fence die and turn it into something other than a fence? To see exactly what I mean, let me show you two cards I created using the On the Fence Die.
Can you tell what elements were created with this die? If you guessed the yellow vellum pieces then you are correct! Let me show you how I made these.
Vellum Flower Tutorial:
1. Squeeze together tightlyFold the vellum a little bit wider than the width of the Fence Die and run through the Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine. I was able to cut 5 fences with one swipe of the machine using the vellum.
2. Accordian fold the fence at each post lengthwise
3. Trim bottom edge of the fence posts to the same angle as the top
4. Squeeze together tightly
5. Then fold in half so you get something that looks like this:
6. Where the two edges of the fence meet, place a bit of glue and adhere both sides.
YOU CAN STOP HERE if you want the embellishment to look the below pic. You just simply spread the accordion apart for however long you would like it.
7. Then simply layer the sentiment from the Friends set over the top and dove-tail the edges
8. To create the rosettes, simply glue the rest of the accordion pleats together with a very small amount of Scrap Happy Sheer Glue. This glue is perfect for vellum!
9. Adhere your favorite vintage buttons to the top of your rosette to create an adorable flower.
10. Stitch your card base.
11. Assemble your card.
You can create so many different looks just by changing the buttons. To vary the sizes, I simply trimmed the height of my fence die and followed the same steps as above.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my tutorial today and are inspired to think outside the box with the very versatile On the Fence Die by The Rubber Cafe.
If you just happened to visit my blog today and would like to start the BLOG HOP from the beginning, simply follow THIS LINK to be taken to The Rubber Cafe blog to begin the celebration.
We are celebrating the newest release called:
This bundle comes with a brand new exclusive die template manufactured by Spellbinders Paper Arts called On the Fence Die!
What makes this die unique? It’s versatility! At first glance, you might see just a fence but soon you’ll realize it can be so much more.
BONUS: I will also be picking a mini blog hop winner from the visitors who post comments on my blog. I will put together a little rack of scrappy goodness to the lucky winner! Simply follow my blog and leave a comment to be eligible. I will draw a name on Monday 9/3 and announce it here on my blog. Please be sure to leave a comment by Sunday 9/2 to be eligible. Winner will have 24 hours to contact me.